Area Dating Services
They say a picture's worth a thousand words. How about a thousand responses to your free profile?
Profiles with photos attract up to 15 times more attention, and two or three images may generate even more activity!
So the next time you search for local singles, keep in mind these 32 dos and don'ts for looking good.
1. If you are not extra lean and muscular, keep your shirt on
2. Don't have an arm slung around someone else's waist
3. Don't stand in front of a picture of a yacht unless it's yours
4. Your close up should actually be close up
5. Don't let 'em see the red of your eyes
6. Don't squint
7. A crooked photo creates a crooked neck and nothing more
8. Do not show all of your tattoos
9. A look that screams come-hither might make your ad wither
10. Smile ... if you have your front teeth
11. Don't wear an outfit two sizes too small you want them to take a second look, not cover their eyes
12. Wearing shades doesn't show off the sparkle in your baby blues
13. Blowing a kiss at the camera could blow your chances instead
14. Nix the group shot; you're the star here
15. Don't make your funny face or scrunch up your nose only okay for a child of four
16. Use a recent photo; an oldie, in this case, is not a goodie
17. Lose the cowboy hat; let her see your beautiful bald head
18. Muscle shirt, no unless you actually have them
19. Avoid side views unless your side is actually viewable
20. Don't chop off your head or cut off your midsection; it's hard to picture the whole you if dissected in two
21. A mountain range background is nice, but seeing you as a dot is not
22. Letting it all hang out is out
23. Today may be the day he clicks on your ad a good incentive to give it your best shot
24. Adjust the color and resolution, cut, rotate, size adjust whatever it takes, then insert photo and watch what happens
25. If the photo is not quite to your liking, snap a few more; it's worth a little effort and time to change your life from one to two
26. Don't use your mug shot, not very arresting
27. A 'Thinker' pose in a bathrobe ... what were you thinking?
28. A cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other signals a deadend
29. There are a lot of don'ts when choosing the right photo, like don't take it too seriously; let your uniqueness translate into a slick pic
30. Does your photo percolate? Ask a friend or two what they think
31. Be in a good mood; the camera will capture your perkiness
32. Primp, be stylish, casual, off beat, be yourself, be perky a presentation worthy of many admirers. You are in control of your destiny, so accentuate your best traits and soon you will be another match success story
"Gorgeous, buff, world-traveling, gourmet-cooking, independently wealthy, philanthropic, affectionate, commitment-minded and otherwise flawless PhD seeks same."
There. See how simple that was?
This is how profiles work. Or would if we all were so perfect. The rest of us need just a little help. If you're struggling to create a new free profile or reinvent your old one, consider our 12 hot tips to make your profile sizzle:
1. Be upbeat
2. Be positive
3. Excite us
4. Be revealing
5. Be honest
6. Be realistic
7. Be kind
8. Make us laugh
9. Generate some heat
10. Go for quality
11. Be an individual
12. Post a photo
Update your free profile today, then quick search for quality singles near you and tell them to take a look!
Iowa City Personals is your one-stop destination for local Internet dating and online singles.
Search our on-line for free singles, free dating sites, yahoo personals, photo personals
sites, singles dating and specialized web dating services including gay personals,
Christian dating, lesbian personals, erotic personals, and more.